Talking Boys with JB!

Along with many questions I get asked by both omnivores and vegetarians alike, is the "Would you date a MEAT EATER?" one. And my answer is yes. Some people (mostly the vegetarians) are shocked. Here's my reasoning:

Paul McCartney was introduced to vegetarianism by his wife, Linda in 1975. The guy is a major crusader for animal rights and has been a vegetarian since 1975? Mad props.

My (Chicago-based) ex was vegan when we started dating, 5 years ago. I wasn't vegetarian and I certainly wasn't vegan. Hanging out with him introduced me to a plant based diet. I am so thankful to him for that.

I understand diet and animal rights being a fundamental part of who you are, and not wanting to compromise that. But I also know that humans have the capacity to transform and change. Besides, my cat totally eats meat and she's like, my LIFE PARTNER. I just don't feel this whole 'people who eat meat are bad' thing. What I've taken on is a personal choice, obviously one that is important to me, and not everyone is there yet. Not everyone is going to take it on. But if I can help lessen the consumption of meat by just doing me (throwing vegan potlucks, cooking for everyone I know, being awesome all the time) then I can sleep tight. I'm open to people. Have any single friends?!

Paul McCartney and a big ol' dog.
Indie, helping me work. She so has chicken breath, ALL THE TIME!