The Last Supper

(I wrote this post a little while ago, after a night of debauchery. I'm not even sure it makes sense. Now the place might be staying open? Who knows? Kind of a bummer, but I'm not really into supporting this corporation anymore. The ethics of the people running the place are not so much in line with my own. I mean, you know I worked at Cafe Gratitude for awhile, right? I only mention it like 15 times in this post.)

Have you heard that Cafe Gratitude is closing? Perhaps you know that means MY FAVORITE RESTAURANT EVER (beside The Handlebar), GRACIAS MADRE, is DONE. My fave SF go-to eating palace is being sued bought out closing? Boo. Maybe you also know I used to work for Cafe Gratitude? We can divulge into feelings of loss later, probz on a post for Vegansaurus when I write the obituary, but until then...I give you, The Last Supper.


I remember when they first opened. In fact, I used to make desserts for them - raw lime coconut cheesecakes. I made raw desserts in the Central Kitchen and I got tips for it (one of the reasons they got sued). Then I jumped ship, cause Landmark didn't suit me (ever, like I couldn't have been more disinterested in doing it), and a whole bunch of other stuff that usually happens when people quit jobs (not the right fit anymore? I treat jobs like relationships and when it stops working, it really stops working.).

I sound like a terrible person. (Cafe Gratitude was a different place to work, much like my college experience at Humboldt State.) 

I finally ordered my greens and guacamole tacos! Because it's a cheapish meal at an expensive restaurant! (Let's not talk about the fact I got 3 beers okay? It was happy hour!) The guacamole comes with five house made tortillas! They are delicious!

So much green. So healthy. So many friends losing their jobs. I'm actually quite upset over this.

Guacamole and Kale TACO!