I Saw Soko The Other Night at Bottom Of The Hill!


How exciting for me! I've seen Soko before, at SXSW. Something happened in the last two years, as she is a lot mellower, and her songs have a much sadder air about them. She's still a fun and charismatic performer! And guess what? She ate at Source for dinner that night, as I sent a tweet to her, recommending the place! But her phone got stolen at dinner (WTF?). When she was onstage, she talked about how upset she was that her phone, with her contacts, a documentary she was filming throughout the tour, and her show notes, got stolen at the restaurant she ate at. Little did I know at the time it was the one I worked at! I found out the next day; what a bummer! Never give your phone to the owner to charge, he'll put it in a public place on a busy Friday night, instead of behind the counter. Jeez. How embarrassing.
Anyway, here's the post I wrote the night before the show, on Vegansaurus, to try and rally the troops. I don't think it worked.

Oh yeah, when she told her story about the phone, some douche-canoe yelled "First World Problem". That saying itself is a first world problem and I want so badly for it to go away. It's diminishing and rude.