Hangin' in the East Bay, Eating Brunch at Donut Farm!

One of the best parts of the holiday season is the holiday parties, right?! I hate getting dressed up when it's cold outside, but I do love a good party, and in the grand scheme of things, San Francisco isn't that cold -- CHICAGO IS COLD! More than I dislike getting dressed up in a chilly apartment, I used to hate getting dressed up in my Chicago apartment with the heater blasting. I don't know why it didn't work for me; probably because I knew outside the temperature was about 15 DEGREES OR LOWER, and pardon me for repeating myself, it felt weirdly artificial. ANYWAY, let's talk brunch.

I live in San Francisco, and I try to avoid going across the Bay Bridge (I am sans car, yo) as much as possible. But, I will go across, on BART, for food and parties. And so, I went across the bridge to attend Laura's holiday party, fooling myself into thinking I would make the last BART train home. Needless to say, I slept on a couch in my party dress, SURPRISE SURPRISE. I did have a toothbrush on me, THANK GAWD, I can't not brush my teeth in the morning - it makes me completely insane. (I also like to brush my teeth at the gym after I work out, so that toothbrush is in my purse, always. I can and will sleep almost anywhere, knowing that.) Again, I digress.

The best part about crashing (or having guests crash at my place) after a party is the post-party PARTY! The wrap-up party, if you will. Ours included a trip to Donut Farm for Sunday brunch! I had never been and I was so excited! And it was delicious -- totally worth the wait!

I felt like the coolest lady in all the land, rolling in with Laura, Jonas and Meave. Never mind the bed-head and slept-in party dress.

The owner and chef Josh generously gave us a couple of items on the house, including this decadent double-dipped donut! 


I ordered the biscuits and mushroom gravy, which came with hash browns and I added the southern greens (one of the best food decisions I've ever made). I loved it. I'm not usually into carb-loading, but I had been hitting the gym real hard, so I splurged. I couldn't be more stoked that I treated myself to this breakfast because it was SCRUMPTIOUS. 

Let me assure you, the next time I have visitors in town, we are spending the day in the East Bay, as both Donut Farm and Flaco's are absolute musts, and two of my favorite Bay Area restaurants! 

Donut Farm is located at 6037 San Pablo Ave in Oakland, and only serves brunch on the weekends, so plan accordingly!